Monday 15 March 2021

FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG # 41 JOLLY OLD SAINT NICHOLAS

Despite the general awfulness of the Christmas song there are however always exceptions to the rule, and I have a short list of personal favorites.

Without exception all my choices not only include the song but the best performer of that song and so in no particular order here is my forty first selection.


“Jolly Old Saint Nicholas”

Lyrics by Benjamin Hanby
Music composed by Johann Pachelbel

 

Jolly old St. Nicholas, Lean your ear this way!
Don't you tell a single soul, What I'm going to say;
Christmas Eve is coming soon, Now, you dear old man,
Whisper what you'll bring to me: Tell me if you can.

When the clock is striking twelve, When I'm fast asleep,
Down the chimney broad and black, With your pack you'll creep.
All the stockings you will find Hanging in a row;
Mine will be the shortest one, You'll be sure to know.

Johnny wants a pair of skates, Susie wants a sled
Nellie wants a picture book, yellow,blue and red

Now I think I`ll leave
to you
what to give the rest
Choose for me dear Santa Claus
you will know the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment