Friday 22 October 2021

CHRISTMAS WISH

 

I’m not looking forward to Christmas

Not since we lost Mum this year

I’m not looking forward to a Christmas

Devoid of any Christmas cheer

 

Dads doing his best to lift our spirits

All though inside he’s really hurting too

He wants to make it a special time

And do the things like Mum used to do

 

So we decked the house with garlands

And trimmed the Christmas tree

We hung the Christmas cards on strings

So that everyone could see

 

Then with all the decorations up

My Dad went round us one by one

To ask us what gift we wanted

And he promised his best would be done

 

My sister Jules wants new clothes

Kenny wants music of any kind

The twins they want an X-Box

And the baby really doesn’t mind

 

Then Dad asked me “what do you want son?

What gift would stop you feeling glum”?

I said “I don’t want a present Dad

All I wish for Christmas is my Mum”

No comments:

Post a Comment