Friday 26 August 2022

CHRISTMAS AT THE PEAKS

 

Will it be a cold Christmas?

Joyless and bleak

This year in Manchester

For Mr. and Mrs. Peak

 

Amanda and Philip

Robbed of their pride and joys

By a drunken fool

Who murdered their dear boys

 

What words will comfort

The loss of Ben and Arron

What consolation is there?

To be found as the time goes on

 

Fathers chums, mothers pride

Funny, studious and mild

Our hearts bleed for them

No parent should outlive a child

 

They bear the mental scars

Of a life that isn’t fair

While Philip still broken  

Sits confined to a wheelchair

 

I will think of the Peaks

As I spend Christmas with my family

And give thanks to God

They are all alive with me

 

It will be a sad Christmas

This year in Manchester

For Mr. and Mrs. Peak

The lonely mother and father

 

Ben and Arron will be there

If only in ethereal essence

Watching over mum and dad

I know they will feel their presence

No comments:

Post a Comment